On PC Chrome: Create shortcut
On Mobile: Add to start
Fuerteventura "Preferred Restaurants" and "Tapas" Guide.
You will find in this Fuerteventura "Preferred Restaurants" and "Tapas" Guide all about the special and most typical restaurants on Fuerteventura and some suggestions on what kind of tapas to order. We suggest to you those restaurants on Fuerteventura that might exceed your expectations, because of their typical preparations, their concept, the location and the atmosphere they create. The ones that are not listed here offer good food as well. We wish you "Buen provecho."
|Please open the list of your chosen area. The list of Restaurants or Bistros provides their names, their location and their speciality. For more information please click on the highlighted names or or scroll down on the list.|
|For your convenience during your holiday on Fuerteventura, please consult our free "TOP 10 Fuerteventura" Application in 8 languages for Mobiles and Tablets.|
|You can download our free App by scanning the QR Code or by pushing one of the buttons:|
Fuerteventura - Tapas Guide
We focus here on some typical dishes and products that we think are worthwhile trying during your holiday on Fuerteventura. You will find these dishes in many typical Spanish restaurants and in Tapas bars.
- Tomatoes from Fuerteventura are considered to be among the most flavoursome in Europe and are used in many renowned restaurants on the continent.
- Queso Majorero: soft goat cheese. This Fuerteventura cheese is completely different from what you are used at home. This is an absolute must to try. There are 3 major classifications: “Tierno” (soft), “Semi-curado” (medium-aged) and “Curado” (aged). There are also variations with peppers, Gofio, oil, etc. Please try first the fresh one (Queso fresco).
- Aloe Vera from Fuerteventura is one of the best of its kind. Fuerteventura offers the best conditions for the cultivation of Aloe Vera. Look for local products with a high concentration and vending places that offer you information about the plants. Don’t go for the cheap stuff.
- Local fish from Fuerteventura is a great opportunity to enjoy absolutely fresh and tasty fish. The ultimate dish is a “Pescado a la Sal” for min 2 people.
- Papas arrugadas are wrinkled potatoes to accompany fish or meat dishes. You eat them with the skin.
- Salsa Mojo is a mixture of olive oil, parsley, dried peppers and a lot of garlic. If it is too strong for you, then scoop of the oil and spread the oil onto your bread.
- Tapas and Pinchos are small dishes or snacks to share or to eat alone. In this way you can have the pleasure of tasting several preparations without stressing your wallet. Just go the counter and let your eyes decide. Here are some tapas that we suggest to try:
Pulpo a la Gallega: steamed octopus with some pepper, salt and oil. Sometimes with slices of potato.
Mejillones en salsa or en vinagreta: steamed mussels in a tomato or in a vinegar sauce
Chipirones or Puntillas: fried baby squids in breadcrumb
Conejo al salmorejo: rabbit cooked in a mixture of mediterranean spices
Tortilla Española: spanish omelette with potato, onion, spices. Sometimes you have additional fillings.
Paella de Marisco: rice dish with seafood, vegetables and spices
Paella Valenciana: rice dish with rabbit and vegetables
Gazpacho Andaluz: cold tomato soup, flavoured with spices and olive oil
Gambas al Ajillo: Shrimps cooked in olive oil with some garlic and spices
Croquetas de Jamón: fresh ham croquettes (should be home-made)
Croquetas de Pescado: fresh fish croquettes (should be home-made)
Ensalada Rusa: vegetables, egg, mayonnaise and olive oil
Chorizo a la Sidra: spicy sausage cooked in cider. To dip your bread in
Sardinas fritas: fried sardines
Sardinas a la Plancha: grilled sardines
Jamón Ibérico: air dried Spanish ham
Boquerones a la Vinagra: anchovies in soft vinegar
Calamares a la Romana: deep-fried squid
Empanadías: cakes stuffed with ham, fish, etc
Pan con tomate: toasted bread with tomato spread
Pimientos de Piquillo rellenados: filled cooked peppers
Aceitunas: marinated Olives